Thursday, March 16, 2017

Just call me Gadget Girl

Okay, I admit it - I'm a kitchen gadget junkie.

In the past week I've become the proud new owner of an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (thanks to my awesome brother, Rod) and a GT Xpress Redi-Set-Go (yesterday's thrift store find along with several specialty insert pans)



Today I'm playing with the GT Xpress. I'm not usually a breakfast eater, but I really wanted to try out my new toy, so I gathered a few ingredients (bread, butter, egg, cheese, salt & pepper) and made myself an Egg in the Hole in 3 minutes.



The steps are easy:
  1. Turn on the GT Xpress and heat until the green light comes on.
  2. Butter the bread and cut out a circle from the center
  3. Put bread, butter side down, in the Xpress
  4. Quickly crack an egg in the hole and sprinkle the top with salt, pepper and cheese
  5. Close the lid and set timer to 3 minutes
That's it! In no time at all you have a scrumptious egg in the hole. Crispy toasted bread on the bottom, warm yolk in the middle and all that cheesy goodness - Yum-Yum!





Tomorrow - Instant Pot Fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment