Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Rip it Up

And so, it begins...



Sure is nice to have a strong, even tempered guy to help out!



The carpet and the padding were so gross!



It didn't take too long to tear it up and put the furniture back. I loath the living room furniture, too, so I'm resisting the urge to throw it out with the carpet. Don't think it would be too comfortable sitting on the bare wood floor. 



Dark spots...Sir Max.



Gonna have to get some Kilz to cover up those spots before we primer it so they don't bleed through the paint. Would be a lot easier if we could swing the price of carpet, but until we can, painted floors will have to do.

Even the bare floors are better than that cruddy carpet.  We should have done this a long time ago.

4 comments:

  1. You'll love not having carpet in the living/dining/family areas. Lots of hard work ahead but you're blessed with a great handy man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am, Leola. Lee puts up with all my goofiness. We celebrate our 37th year together in October. I don't know how he stands me sometimes. :)

      Delete
  2. I did that (or I should say had it done) when I bought my house and put wood flooring in and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by, Joyce. I'd love to put in real wood flooring, but for now, we're just going to paint the sub-floor. Still better than that ratty old carpet.

    ReplyDelete