Saturday, August 17, 2013

Trixie Belden Kindle Case

I was so stoked to get a Kindle Fire for the 15th day of my Birthday Month!

(I celebrate my birthday for a whole month, because one day is just not enough.)

My daughter is going to take me to pick out a great cover/case for it, but in the meantime, I got all crafty like and made myself a temporary one from an old Trixie Belden book I had that was falling apart.



I didn't take pics as I went, but it was pretty simple...

First I cut the pages away from the spine, which was easy, as they had pulled away from it already. Then I reinforced the spine with packing tape, because it was torn a little.  I cut a piece of cardboard the same size as my Kindle, cut a piece of leather from a pile of leather scraps I bought a long time ago at the Goodwill, and cut a length of elastic (white, but it would have been better if I'd had black).


Glued the leather to the cardboard, attached the elastic to the corners and glued the insert to the back inside cover of the book - DONE!

I love how it turned out - what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment