Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Persistent Bunny

Last week I spied this bunny while browsing through the Goodwill. I had to laugh because with her little fist clenched like that, she seemed to be saying, "Take me home...or else!" Checked her price tag - $1.49. Cheap enough, but I really didn't need a pushy bunny, so I walked on.

On Thursday, I stopped in again and noticed that she was still there, still insisting that I take her home. Her tag was purple and it was Dollar Day, so I could have bought her for just $1.00. "But I still don't need a bunny," I explained. I thought I saw her fist clench just a bit tighter. She did not look happy.


Today, I ran down to the Goodwill to browse around and...you guessed it - there was grumpy bunny. Today purple tags were 1/2 price, which made her just .75 cents. I didn't have the heart to refuse her a 3rd time, so home she came. It didn't seem to make her any happier, though. Her little fist is still clenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment