Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Ever heard of Loseit.com? It's a great way to keep track of your calories and lose weight. I have a friend who's lost 20 pounds using it and her daughter has lost 29 pounds. That's enough to get me going again!

One of the things I really want while dieting is sweet snacks that don't drain my calorie bank. Today I was craving pumpkin pie, so I set out to make a low cal Pumpkin Pie Smoothie.

Here's what I used...


 Pumpkin Pie Smoothie - 126 calories

1 Tbs sugar-free vanilla pudding
2 Tbs canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup 2% milk
Dash of cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves (I would have used pumpkin pie spice instead if I had it)
Handful of ice

Threw it all in the blender for about 10 seconds and it was YUMMY!


Next time I think I'll use Almond Milk and use a full cup instead of 3/4. That will lower the calories by 30 and give me a full glass.

**Made another one with Almond Milk this time and it was even better! Tasted just like creamy Pumpkin Pie.  Used a whole cup, so I got more and it was 32 less calories for a total of just 94 calories!!!!

Got any ideas for good low-calorie snacks?  Please share them with us.

2 comments: