Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I'm on a bit of a pumpkin kick - probably because I'm tired of the hot Arizona summer and really looking forward to Autumn. When I think of Fall, I think of brilliant colors gracing the trees, the crispy crunch of fallen leaves under foot and pumpkins.

Yesterday I made a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, which seems to have triggered a pumpkin craving in me, so today while making my morning oatmeal, I stirred in a dollop of pumpkin (2 Tbs), a little almond milk (1/4 cup), some pumpkin pie spices and some stevia for sweetness. Stirred it all together and yummy! Would have been even better if I'd had some walnuts or pecans to toss in...next time.

  

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal - 174 calories
1 cup water
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 Tbs pumpkin
1/4 cup almond milk
Sweetener to taste (your preference on sweetner)
Dash each - Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Clove (I use 2 shakes cinnamon, one scant shake of nutmeg & clove)

Boil the water, add oatmeal and cook until done. Combine cooked oatmeal and all remaining ingredients, stir and enjoy!

"Caring for the body is a form of worship to the God who created us."

No comments:

Post a Comment