Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ramen Noodle Custard Pie

Just made a yummy pie with ramen noodles - yes, ramen noodles!

Ramen Noodle Custard Pie - yummy and easy to make!.

It tasted very much like rice pudding. Hubby loved it and so did I. It's so easy that I didn't take step-by-step pictures, but trust me, it's a snap to make. Here's how...

2 packages of cooked ramen noodles (without the seasoning packet)
1 cup of milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups of splenda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Spray a pie pan or square baking dish with cooking spray. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain, then place them in the baking dish.

Mix the milk, eggs, vanilla, splenda & cinnamon well and pour over the noodles. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

*Update: I think next time I'll break up the noodles before cooking to give it a better texture.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I absolutely love custard pie, although I'm the only one in my entire family that does. Bet I could fool them with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it tomorrow night. I can hardly wait!
    We love custard pie and rice pudding so I know it will be a big hit. Thanks Jan!

    ReplyDelete