Friday, November 16, 2012

What we have here is a failure to communicate

Blue Boy and the Rooster
Once upon a time there was a lonely sock monkey named Blue Boy. Convinced that his baldness made him unsuccessful with the chicks, he asked the rooster about his comb.

"Why do you need a comb?" the rooster asked. "You don't have any hair."

"Exactly," said Blue Boy. "But if I had a comb, I might be able to attract a chick."

The rooster's feathers were more than a little ruffled, "You have your eye on one of my chicks? Which one?"

"Oh, they're all quite lovely," said Blue Boy, "but I'm not interested in your chicks. I have my eye on a sassy little chick that's more my style."

She's a vision in denim, my dungaree doll, but I'm afraid to tell her that she's my heart's desire...because of...well, because of my hair."

"You don't have any hair," said the rooster.

"Yes, I know," said the monkey.

"So, why do you need a comb?"

The exasperated monkey walked away scratching his bald head.


1 comment: